Here’s a quick custom action tutorial. Zoom to midi items, quantise, then humanise. I really like the humanise function in Reaper, as it avoids quantised notes layering up exactly on top of each other, and gives the mix a bit more breathing room.
Here’s an updated playlist of videos outlining a method of using Reaper for live playback (backing tracks) on stage.
There are five videos:
- Import Template: multi-channel routing for your audio interface and setup for midi program change.
- Import Audio: how to import multiple tracks to your playback session
- Import Audio Custom Actions: explanation of the custom action for importing audio
- Navigation Custom Actions: four custom for navigating the set list – Previous/Next Project Tab, Stop and Play
- Custom View: some tweaks to the display, including SWS Notes and Project List
If you are using Reaper for live playback, I’d love to hear from you. It’s always great to hear how other people are using Reaper, it’s such a flexible and powerful tool.