From 2004-2011 he was keyboard player and musical director for New York band Scissor Sisters. John has performed in venues and festivals across the globe including Fuji Rocks (Japan), Glastonbury Festival (UK), Splendour in the Grass (Australia), as well as touring across Europe, South America and in most major UK Arenas. Appearances on TV include Later with Jools Holland, Top of the Pops, The Late Show with David Letterman and Saturday Night Live.
John has devised and composed several original scores for silent film, performed live in cinemas across the UK. He played on the 2012 album “Out Along The Wire” by Tristan Mackay, and occasionally performs live with Tristan’s band. He has also toured with Marina and the Diamonds, supporting Coldplay on their 2012 Mylo Xyloto tour in Europe and the United States.
With Jake Shears of Scissor Sisters and Jeff Whitty (librettist for Avenue Q) John co-composed “Tales of the City – The Musical”, which premiered at American Conservatory Theatre, San Francisco in May 2011.
John toured with Alison Moyet as keyboard player and Musical Director 2002 – 2003. Guitarist and BVs for Jukes 2001-2002. Collaborations with Elizabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins), Jimmy Goodrich (Canadian Singer-Songwriter), Nathan Daniel and Tilted City (Cornish Songwriter/Composer), Tamco (previously known as Jukes), Tony Orrell (JJ and the Birdman), and Emily Breeze.
• Musical Director & Keyboards – Scissor Sisters
• Composer – Tales of the City the Musical
• Composer & Performer – The Lost World live score
• Musical Director & Keyboards – Alison Moyet
• Musical Director – Ke$ha
• Producer/Keyboards/Bass – Nathan Daniel / Tilted City
• Composer & Performer – Georges Méliès Revival live score
• Composer & Keyboards – JJ and the Birdman
• Keyboards & Guitar – Marina & The Diamonds
• Composer & Musical Director – Hamish & Dougal BBC R4